Published on April 1st, 2013 | by Japan Snowtrip Tips0
Top Japan Travel Deals for Tourists
There are numerous deals set-up to help travelers in Japan keep their transportation costs to an amazingly affordable level. Your top priority should be to buy a Japan Rail Pass before you leave for Japan. Otherwise, if won`t be doing much rail hopping on the JR network, here are a few top travel deals in Japan for tourists.
Click the links below for information on some of the best transportation travel deals in Japan
- Japan Rail Pass-JR PASS : your best friend for bouncing around Japan from ski hill to city skyscraper to seaside crab shack; *only available for purchase by non-residents prior to arrival in Japan
- Japan low cost airlines : when train rides are too long or there`s an ocean in the way; *open to all travelers
- Special discount airfare in Japan from JAL and ANA ; *only available to non-residents for purchase prior to arrival in Japan; black-out dates apply
- Yamato (takkyubin) Ski-Snowboard baggage delivery service in Japan; save time, money and hassle – ship your gear ahead!
- Ski lift tix + ski rental + train or bus special packages; varies by region & company; e.g. GALA Option Ticket ; *open for purchase by all
- Tokyo Metro + Keisei Skyliner special passes ; *available to non-residents only
- Seishun 18 ticket ; budget-friendly train pass for 5 days unlimited rides; black-out dates & restrictions apply; *Note: The Seishun 18 is a nice option if you`re on a super tight budget, but in our opinion there are just too many train line restrictions, very limited date-ranges during busy school holiday periods and lines available for use are not time-effective if your goal is to ski-snowboard and/or visit multiple regions. Bullet trains (shinkansen) are not included on Sesishun 18, making this rail ticket the long albeit scenic route around Japan.